When you hear about Cuban food, you probably first think about dishes made based upon pork, beef or poultry meats. Surprisingly, Cuban cuisine is rich in seafood proposals. Remember Cuba is surrounded by the waters of the Caribbean and this area is popular in seafood dishes.
This time, we have a proposal from one of the leading Cuban Food restaurants in the city, Don Ramon Restaurant, actually the first ever of all the popular Don Ramon Restaurants around. Zarzuela de Mariscos is an excellent seafood stew, originally from the Catalan coast of northeast Spain that traditional Cuban cuisine has adopted and made very popular. It will be one of the most delicious memories you will ever hold dear once you cook it for your friends and family for a special occasion.
Learn how to prepare Zarzuela de Mariscos by Don Ramon Restaurant on Dixie Highway
For the Creole Sauce
– ½ Tea spoon of cumin
– ½ Tea spoon of Oregano
– ¼ Pound of butter
– 2 bay leaves
Pepper to taste
-¼ Cup of tomato sauce (we use a brand only available to restaurants, but you could use comparable brands like Contadina, with a hint of sweet, avoid a bitter flavor)
– 1 medium chopped green pepper
– 1 medium chopped yellow onion
– 1 large tomato cut into small pieces
– 2 table spoon of fresh minced garlic
– Salt to taste
– 2 cups of water
Creole Sauce Procedure
– Heat up butter over low heat until melted, add onions, peppers and fresh tomato until onions are clear. Add garlic. Let it cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Then add all the seasonings; oregano, cumin, bay leaves, salt and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes.
– Add tomato sauce cook for 4 minutes over low heat. After that, add water and let it reduce for about 8 minutes over low heat.
– Check seasonings.
How to Cook the Seafood for this Dish
– 12 clams
– 3 white fish filet (about a pound & a half)
– 12 mussels
– ½ pound of medium size scallops
– 1 pound of medium size shrimp
– 6 crab claws
– 6 (4oz) lobster tails (optional)
– Add fish filet & mussels to warm creole sauce. Let cook for 5 minutes until fish turn white, add rest of seafood. Cook until shrimp and crab claws turn pink.
– Serve hot and enjoy!
Don Ramon Restaurant is proud to offer a place for friends and family to gather for a taste of authentic Cuban cuisine. They offer a wide selection of menu items for lunch, dinner and early bird specials. Browse their menu here and learn more about the exquisite selection for today or inquire with their staff if you have any questions. Call
561-547-8704 for more info.
You’ll enjoy at the restaurant some of the best menus for Cuban Food at Don Ramon Restaurant in West Palm Beach. Open daily for Lunch & Dinner and serving excellent Cuban Food featuring live music while you eat!
Learn How to Prepare Zarzuela de Mariscos by Don Ramon Restaurant on Dixie Highway, West Palm Beach. Zarzuela de Mariscos is an Excellent Cuban Seafood Stew
WPB Magazine is a quarterly publication focusing on arts, entertainment, places of interest, things to do, and the latest news about West Palm Beach as a preferred travel destination and a great city to live and work in.